Louisiana Revised Statue 32:791(B)(3)(b)(i) requires certain entities to attend a four hour educational seminar.
Who must attend?
One of the following must attend for each BUSINESS LICENSED through this commission, the owner, general manager, office manager, title clerk or other responsible representative of the business, of:
- A new applicant for a Business License, (i.e. an automotive dismantler and parts recycler, a crusher, a marine dealer (boats and/or motors), a motorcycle/ATV dealer, a recreational dealer, a trailer dealer (all types), a used motor vehicle dealer, or a used parts dealer).
- An existing business or licensee who has been found guilty of any violation of the Commission’s laws, rules and regulations.
When must they attend?
- New applicants must complete the seminar prior to obtaining a license or provide proof that they have signed up to attend the seminar. New applicants must attend the seminar within (60) days of the issuance of their license. Failure to attend the seminar within (60) days of the issuance of their license is considered a violation which could lead to an administrative hearing, fines and/or revocation of the license.
- An existing business or licensee within (60) days ruled as guilty.
Where to attend?
- The seminar will be conducted at the Louisiana Used Motor Vehicle Commission on Tuesdays 9:00am – 1:00pm, check-in time is 8:30am. The seminar classes will be limited to (20) individuals who return the Seminar Registration form. Late arrivals will not be able to enter once the seminar class begins.Louisiana Used Motor Vehicle Commission
3132 Valley Creek Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Attendees will be notified of the date and place to attend.